Have you ever considered signing up for a family fun run? Perhaps it’s something that the children have been nagging you to do but you’ve yet to get involved. Well, wait no further – we’ve got five reasons why this should be the year that you finally do it!
1. Creating amazing family memories
It can be hard to think of things for the whole family to do together that everyone enjoys – especially during the summer holidays – a family fun run is the perfect answer!
2. Getting outdoors and having fun
Whether you’re 9 months old or 90, family fun runs are for all ages and abilities. It’s not a race, it’s all about having fun so whether you run, walk or are in a buggy, you’ll have a great time!
3. Fancy dress!
Who doesn’t love a bit of fancy dress?! Superheroes, fairies, pirates, princesses, dinosaurs – you name it, we’ve seen it! If you needed an excuse to dress up, a family fun run is the perfect one.
4. Inspiring children to raise money for charity
Beyond the sense of achievement and the heaps of fun that you’ll have running a family fun run, running on behalf of a charity will give you further purpose for taking part.
5. The feeling when you finish and get a cool medal!
On top of the world! The crowd are cheering for you, you run across the finish line feeling like a superstar and, here’s the best bit – A MEDAL AWAITS!
Sign up for a Family Fun run today
Are you in? Great news! Find a fun run that suits you below and get yourselves signed up.
- 23rd June – RunFest Wales, Rhyl (1K)
- 7th July – Porthcawl Family Fun Run (1 mile)
- 4th August – North Wales Family Fun Run, Conwy (1K)
- 4th August – Barry Family Fun Run (1 mile)
- 1st September – Cardiff Family Fun Run (2K)
- 5th October – Cardiff Uni Family Fun Run (2.4K)
- 6th October – Bangor Family Fun Run (1/2 mile)
- 20th October – Flint Family Fun Run (1K)
- 17th November – Conwy Family Fun Run (1 mile)